Friday, July 9, 2010

Hungry Girl’s Guide: Wild Garlic Bistro

My friend Paul (@fire) seems to have some sort of clairvoyant ability to find the coolest restaurants and identify the coolest dishes. He’s introduced me to some of the coolest restaurants ever. So when Paul (@fire) said we all must try Wild Garlic Bistro, Jay (@jaycatalan) and I agreed. I was surprised how small the place is. The hostess was so warm and gracious, she immediately remembered Paul from his previous visit. I was starving so I had my heart set on the 3 course menu for $28 which was an amazing deal!

We were served with some garlic bread while we were waiting for our food, it was soft and brushed with just the right amount of butter and garlic.

Paul got the Lamb, Jay got the Duck and I got the Steak. I had Halibut Chowder with my 3 course set menu but flash didn’t work well against the white soup so no picture. We were all delighted with our food; Jay mentioned that this was one of the most perfectly cooked duck dishes he’s had. The garlic mash potato here was the BEST with real soft garlic cloves blended in with the mash. The hostess realized how much we liked the garlic mash potato so she gave us an extra bowl of garlic mash on the house – another huge reason why I will be returning, the generosity and graciousness of the hostess.

I am DEFINITELY coming back!

Wild Garlic Bistro - Vancouver

Wild Garlic Bistro - Vancouver

Wild Garlic Bistro - Drink Specials

Wild Garlic Bistro - Drink Specials

Wild Garlic Bistro - Interior

Wild Garlic Bistro - Interior

www.wildgarlicbistro.com" src="http://wildgarlicbistro.com/pictures/FullRest.jpg" height="253" alt="Wild Garlic Bistro - Interior" width="381" />

Wild Garlic Bistro - Interior

Wild Garlic Bistro - Garlic Bread

Wild Garlic Bistro - Garlic Bread

Wild Garlic Bistro - Peppercorn crusted Lamb Sirloin, Sour Cherry Jus, Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Peppercorn crusted Lamb Sirloin, Sour Cherry Jus

Wild Garlic Bistro - Washington Duck Breast, Orange Grand Marnier jus

Washington Duck Breast, Orange Grand Marnier Jus

Wild Garlic Bistro - Creme Brulee

Wild Garlic Bistro - Creme Brulee

Posted via email from minna's posterous