Friday, July 9, 2010

Hungry Girl’s Guide: Japadog with Shaked Fries

It was a longer than long day today! The kind that makes you crave comfort food but it has to be fast though because you still have to get back at it. Yes the glamorous life of an entrepreneur. I knew good ol’ hot dog and some fries will lift my spirit – grease and carbohydrates together tend to do that for me. Although today, I needed a different on my comfort food just to kick it up a notch or maybe confuses me a bit to distract me from my stress.

Japadog Sitdown Place - Vancouver

Japadog Sitdown Place - Vancouver

Thank goodness for Vancouver and its eclectic variety of fusion food. I remembered Japadog is now open near Waterfront, literally 2 blocks from the office BUT I also wanted fries so I settled on walking 6-7 blocks down to Robson and Seymour to the sit down place. That’s right, Japadog also does fries and dessert too! I took a few pictures of the menu of the Japadog variety but also their Shaked Fries.

Japadog Sitdown Place - Exterior

Japadog Sitdown Place - Exterior

Japadog Sitdown Place - Menu

Japadog Sitdown Place - Menu

Japadog Sitdown Place - Shaked Fries

Japadog Sitdown Place - Shaked Fries

Japadog Sitdown Place - Butter & Shoyu Shaked Fries

Japadog Sitdown Place - Butter & Shoyu Shaked Fries

Butter & Shoyu Shaked Fries was very interesting, it had a really strong butter taste but yet you can still taste the Shoyu – which is a Japanese soy sauce. It was definitely an experience, you have to try it because there is no way for me to describe what it is like.

Japadog Sitdown Place - Love Meat

Japadog Sitdown Place - Love Meat

The main feature – Love Meat Japadog was amazing! Imagine a generous heaping of spaghetti meat sauce on your hot dog and then three kind of cheese melted on top. It was deeelicious and you bet I am coming back for more!

Posted via email from minna's posterous