Friday, July 9, 2010

Hungry Girl’s Guide: Flying Wedge Pizza

During my first four years in university, I spent most – if not, ALL – my time at the library studying. Every Saturday and Sunday, I came faithfully early to score the best seat (according to me) at the library. The best seat is on the 4th floor, right across from the Ford Centre. It was my home away from home for a long time until The Network Hub was built. Once in a while, I stroll back there to read, borrow a book, rent Mary Poppins or just to take in the activities.
Vancouver Public Library

Vancouver Public Library

Vancouver Public Library

Vancouver Public Library

I used to survive on cheap pizza and coffee, Flying Wedge Pizza back then didn’t fit a student entrepreneur budget, and it was a treat for when I had a major breakthrough or when I was so stressed that I couldn’t get a break. They don’t have seafood pizza anymore but when they did, I was so thrilled. Whenever they were making it fresh, I didn’t mind waiting 10-15 minutes for one to come out the oven. The Network Hub is steps away from well-known, great tasting and affordable pizza shops such Goldies Rustic Pizza, Freshslice and Classic Pizza. While they are all good, none of them come with as much memory as Flying Wedge Pizza.

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Today I picked the “Tropical Pig” – it is a Flying Wedge favourite with ham, pineapple, cheddar, garlic and of course good old tomato sauce sitting on some chewy pizza dough. I like my pizza with all the works – parmesan, hot sauce, pepper.

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

Flying Wedge Pizza

There is my slice of history for you (sorry couldn’t help it with the pun).

Posted via email from minna's posterous